To drive a licensed dangerous goods vehicle you must hold a dangerous goods bulk driver licence. Most licences are now valid for five years.
In NSW the Dangerous Goods Drivers Licence is issued by the NSW Environmental Protection Authority.
To apply for a driver licence you need to:
- Complete the training course provided by RAISE Training (an approved training provider).
- Be medically fit
Complete required Medical Fitness Form
(see 'Licence Application Form').
- Have a satisfactory driving history
You must include an RTA Driving History report which has been issued within the last six (6) months.
- Provide identification (passport-sized photographs and a copy of your vehicle drivers licence).
- Send the complete application form and pay the application fee, currently $57*.
* For courses run in Sydney, the application fee is paid to RAISE Training who will submit the application on your behalf (all required documents must be provided to the trainer).