If you do not already have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and you want RAISE Training to apply for a USI to the Student Identifiers Registrar (Registrar) on your behalf, RAISE Training will provide to the Registrar the following items of personal information about you:
- your name, including first or given name(s), middle name(s) and surname or family name as they appear in an identification document;
- your date of birth, as it appears, if shown, in the chosen document of identity;
- your city or town of birth
- your country of birth;
- your gender; and
- your contact details.
When we apply for a USI on your behalf, the Registrar will verify your identity. The Registrar will do so through the Document Verification Service (DVS) managed by the Attorney-General's Department which is built into the USI online application process if you have documents such as a Medicare card, birth certificate, driver licence, Australian passport, citizenship document, certificate of registration by descent, ImmiCard or Australian entry visa.
If you do not have a document suitable for the DVS and we are authorised to do so by the Registrar we may be able to verify your identity by other means.
In accordance with Section 11 of the Student Identifiers Act 2014 Cth (SI Act), we will securely destroy personal information which we collect from you solely for the purpose of applying for a USI on your behalf as soon as practicable after the USI application has been made or the information is no longer needed for that purpose, unless we are required by or under any law to retain it.
The personal information about you that we provide to the Registrar, including your identity information, is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 Cth (Privacy Act). The collection, use and disclosure of your USI are protected by the SI Act.
If you ask RAISE Training to make an application for a student identifier on your behalf, RAISE Training will have to declare that RAISE Training has complied with certain terms and conditions to be able to access the online student identifier portal and submit this application, including a declaration that RAISE Training has given you the following privacy notice:
You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that the personal information you provide to us in connection with your application for a USI:
- is collected by the Registrar for the purposes of:
- applying for, verifying and giving a USI;
- resolving problems with a USI; and
- creating authenticated vocational education and training (VET) transcripts
- may be disclosed to:
- VET Regulators to enable them to perform their VET regulatory functions;
- VET Admission Bodies for the purposes of administering VET and VET programs;
- the National Centre for Vocational Education Research for the purpose of creating authenticated VET transcripts, resolving problems with USIs and for the collection, preparation and auditing of national VET statistics;
- any entity contractually engaged by the Student Identifiers Registrar to assist in the performance of his or her functions in the administration of the USI system; and
- will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent unless authorised or required by or under law.